The month of April always turns our attention to the gifts of nature. This year we celebrate Earth Day on Friday, April 22 and National Arbor Day exactly one week later on Friday, April 29. Don’t miss this opportunity to engage your employees, customers, and greater community by planning a special event or campaign. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Coordinate a tree planting event on your corporate campus or at a local park, trail, or green space. This is a great opportunity to engage your employees. Contact us, and we can help you with the details.
- Develop a social media campaign to get both customers and employees engaged. You could organize a tree scavenger hunt, host a tree photo contest, or share educational content about tree planting and care.
- Recognize employees and customers by planting trees in their honor or providing them with trees to plant in their yards. Give us a call for pricing.
- Organizing a tree walk is a great way to team up with your wellness department. Search for the biggest tree, the oldest tree, and different tree species at a nearby forest, in a local park, or along city streets. Contact your parks and recreation department, city forester, extension office coordinator, or girl/boy scouts to inquire about tour guides.
- Give out swag as gifts or prizes for customers and employees. Check out Arbor Day Foundation coffee, apparel, and other gift items here.
- Host a sustainability or “green” expo for your employees. Feature exhibitors such as local tree planting or beautification organizations, parks and recreation agencies, and businesses promoting environmentally friendly or carbon-neutral products. You can also give away earth-friendly goods and information about sustainability.
- Encourage earth-friendly pledges from customers and employees. For every pledge received, make a $1 donation to the Arbor Day Foundation and we will plant a tree in their honor.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. Save money AND trees by creating a campaign to reduce paper usage. Be sure to recycle what you do use!
Note: Some states celebrate Arbor Day at different times of year to coincide with planting seasons. Find out when your state celebrates Arbor Day.
How will you be celebrating Arbor Day at work? Let us know below.